Individual Savings Accounts
In recent years there have been some major changes to the structure of ISAs. These changes are mentioned below.
- The ISA allowance is now £11,520 for all investors as of 6th April 2013.
- The Maxi and Mini ISAs distinction has been removed. It is now possible to invest up to £11,520 in an Investments ISA, or up to £5,760 in a Cash ISA with the balance (up to £11,520) in an Investsment ISA.
- PEPs will now be known as Investments ISAs. Mini Cash ISAs and TOISAs have become Cash ISAs.
- Maxi and Mini Investment ISAs will now both be referred to as Investment ISAs.
- There is a small change to the way interest on cash held within old PEPs is taxed, to bring them inline with ISAs, but the most important tax benefits remain. ISAs (and old PEPs) remain free of income and capital gains tax – and we believe this means they should remain an essential part of most investors’ portfolios.
- You can now transfer Cash ISAs to Investment ISAs
- You cannot transfer Investment ISAs to Cash ISAs.
If you are interested in making an ISA investment please choose one of the following options:
- Option 1: If you know the funds that you would like to place into your ISA then you can invest online now. Alternatively if you would like an application form please call us on 0207 3847300.
- Option 2: If you want to make your own fund selections but would like to analyse some fund information then please visit our fund research section, which provides fund performance figures and some of our favoured funds in each investment sector, plus a link to either completing your ISA application online or by post.
- Option 3: If you are unsure of how to invest your ISA allowance or simply do not have time, why not look at our Easy ISA? Here you can choose one of our pre-selected portfolios based on your attitude to risk.
- Option 4: If you are a client of FundsNetwork then log onto your account here.
Remember! All investments carry some risk. Before going any further, please read the Important Notice below.